• Bosch Tools Gold Partner
Search Site

Bosch PS31-2A - 3/8 In. 12 V Max Drill Driver

Be the first to review this product

Cordless Drill Driver
Bosch Product Multimedia
$129.00

+ Free Shipping

The Bosch PS31-2A is light weight and ideal for overhead continuous work. It is compact and small enough to reach into tight areas and corners. The LED light illumines low light or dark work areas for greater visibility.

Features

• Lightest weight in its class
  • Best performance to size ratio
  • Equipped with 3/8 In. single sleeve chuck
  • LED light enables use of tool in low light or dark areas
SKU PS31-2A
GTIN Number N/A
Multimedia No
Voltage 12V
Battery Type Lithium-Ion (Li-ion)
Battery Amp Hours 1.3
Number of Batteries Included 2
No Load RPM 1300
No Load BPM No
Max Torque 265
Chuck Size 3/8"
Chuck Type Keyless
Drive No
Clutch Settings 20 + 1
Length 7
Has Side Handle No
Package Contents No
Warranty Limited 1 Year, 3 Year with ProVantage
CTA Certified Yes
ETL Listed No
UL Listed Yes

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.

1. Great lightweight drill with power! Review by jvbouch

I love the 12v Max line of Bosch tools. They are light, powerful, and may sound funny but look good. I have been using this drill/driver for a few months now and It does the job period! I find myself only carrying my 12v Max tools and not even touching any of my other bulky 18v tools. I cant wait to add to my 12v Max collection. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

2. Best Product I Have Owned Review by Jagsbuddy

I got this PS-31 Drill for around the house. The best home product I have ever used. Batteries came charged in the box. Used for drilling 1/8 metal and many screws and still have plenty of charge in original battery. The Balance and Weight of Drill have to be just right for my wrists, where I have bad Arthritits. Its Perfect. The Tourqe and Variable Speed are more than anybody will ever need around the house. Great Tool! Great Value. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

3. Great Small Drill for Job or Home Review by Homeowner

I bought the BOSCH PS31-2A LI drill as a December holiday present for myself and take advantage of a great price at the local big hardware store. What a buy! This wasn't an impulse buy but done after a lot of research & comparison. My big, weighty 18V drill/driver batteries both died at the same time and I don't miss it one bit.
    As a homeowner I use my new Bosch for every project I've had from the simple to demanding & it's never quit. Battery life is great.
    I'm amazed by the awesome power this small drill has and like the features i.e., the work light, chuck lock, battery indicator, variable speed & 2-speed drive. All this in a very small package.
    Although I prefer a hard case for my tools, I grown used to the Bosch soft case. I'd recommend this tool for most of your drilling needs. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

4. Nice Review by Gagetman

I was surprise how much power this drill has right down to the bar on the meter! It is more than enough for the average do it your self-er Nice and compact so you can get into tight corners. Quality and build is what you would expect from Bosch. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

5. perfect for around the house projects, doesn't get bogged down Review by OhGee

If you are looking for a great cordless drill/driver, stop right here. First off, you are getting a product made with legendary Bosch quality. Secondly, this drill is just the right size for use around the home.

Two speeds are nice to have, and that feature means that this little drill doesn't get bogged down when drilling through lumber or something that you'd expect to stop this thing. The LED lamp in the front of the drill means that you can see your way when you need to.

The best feature for me is the battery life meter. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

6. Perfect Small Drill With Lots of Power Review by deyewhy

What can I say - this little drill has done everything that I've put it up against from driving screws (without stripping heads) to quickly drilling a 1" hole with a spade bit through doubled wall studs.

The power, torque, and speed is comparable to 18 V drills that I've tried, but without the bulk. The battery life is good for such a small package and recharges quickly.

The build quality is excellent. I've dropped this drill from a roof with barely a scratch. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

7. Great Drill Review by az49er

I use mine for Hobby work, building R/C Airplanes. Very light and easy to use. Changes to drills or screw adapters very easy and fast. Battery almost never needs a charge it seems. Always ready to go. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

8. Love this tool Review by Garagerat

I use this for all my drilling and driving around th house. It has plenty of power for the average homeowner. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

9. BEST SMALL DRILL Review by LoveBoschTools

I've had this drill for a year now and I think it's the handiest drill I own. Plenty of power, good battery life and easy to use. Bosch tools are the best! (Posted on 9/26/2013)

10. Great little drill, needs belt clip/holder Review by MNRon

Purchased this a little over a year ago, it has lots of guts for a little tool. I like it a lot and grab it first over several other 14.4V competitive products I have 90% of the time. Only thing it needs is a belt clip so I can hold it without my hands for a minute. I've added 1/8" cord loops through the battery slots so that it can be hung but this jury rigging only works so well, a metal spring clip as found on several other drill/drivers would be great and would move this up to 6 stars in my opinion. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

11. Light and multivalent Review by Guillaume

A PS31 Cordless drill was offered to me as Christmas gift by my wife in 2010. I was not convinced at the first glance that this tool would be powerful enough for the work I had to do in the house. In fact, it was useful at every phase of the renovation of the basement and it is the tool I use most of the time for any work around the house. Upon many nice features, the keyless chuck is particularly convenient. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

12. Compact, light, well-featured, powerful for 12V - highly recommended. Review by Stephen7341

Got this tool to fit in my belt when I am installing drapes from ladders - so a heavy clumsy tool wouldn't cut-it here. The Li-ION battery charges quickly and lasts surprisingly long. Good build quality, performs very-well. You won't be disappointed. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

13. Best Small on the market ! Review by Cellule

Feel nice in the hand and it have enought power to drill any kind of screw. Really a good product!

The little downside is the chuck become loose with time so be shure to tighten your bit before use. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

14. Big tool, small package Review by benmes

Bought this drill last year and built a wooden deck and pergola. Totally amazed how powerfull it is and how long the battery lasts. Own a 18 volts drill from competitor but doesn't hold its own against this powerhouse. Comes in at a feather weight too. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

15. Good Tool Review by GoBosch

Nice and compact but it produces gobs of torque. Not much to complain about. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

16. Perfect size, excellent power. Review by bcmrbill

I found this drill a perfect replacement for my old battery drill. It's the perfect size and balance for my arthritic hands, yet it has plenty of power for driving the 3" deck screws I use in outdoor wood projects. I especially like the short 30 minute charge time. Plus the battery gauge gives me a heads up if I'm going to start a big project, to have the second battery handy. I thought I'd need to buy an 18 volt drill for those big jobs, but this one does it all without the weight of the big drill for my hand to hold. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

17. Best drill I have ever owned. Review by perephil

This compact drill is comfortable, lightweight and powerful. It does the work of 18v drills I have owned and much more convenient. The lithium ion batteries are amazing and last a long long time. I have and will continue to recommend this tool to everyone. A quality product. Phil (Posted on 9/26/2013)

18. Convenient size and power Review by Wretchedr

I have used this for both small and large projects and been very pleased. I love the smaller size and am impressed by it's power. I have used it in my garage shop for many different smaller projects as well as helping friends with deck construction. Because I own other Bosch 10.8/12V tools, I have multiple chargers and over four batteries, so I carry a spare battery (or two# in my apron and have two in the chargers and can normally keep up with those guys and their heavy 18V units with a lot less strain on the arm. As far as durability, while helping a friend rebuild his boathouse/dock I found out you can even retrieve the drill from the bottom of the lake, dry it out and keep on working #sounds like the old Timex watch comercial). (Posted on 9/26/2013)

19. Great Drill Review by MasterofNone

I carry this drill in my backpack all over the over 800,000 square foot faciltiy that I work at. It's ultra portable and great for all jobs, Combined with my PS60 Saw I can do almost every job easily. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

20. Great Tool Review by Chuck

The lithium battery is wonderful, no torque loss all the way until the battery is dead, swap them out and you are back in business. This is a perfect size for almost any project or for just little fix-its in the house. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

21. Perfect for most jobs Review by David

I bought one of the angle drivers a while ago and was so impressed that I bought this second tool with the 12v Li batteries. This drill has enough power to drill holes 3/8" or less, is compact, easy to handle and the little batteries last a remarkably long time. (I've stopped using my 18v drill for anything under 3/8".) The quick chargers are brilliant. Having a few tools with this battery format, 5 batteries and two chargers means I have never found myself with a dead battery. This is a high quality tool that you'll always reach for. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

22. Nice Drill, Very Compact Review by JLamb

I decided to buy this drill because I needed a cordless drill and already had the combo kit and would give me a second charger and two more batteries. For a 12 volt drill it lacks power for drilling 3/8 holes in sheet metal. It likes to grab and twist the drill breaking through. Selecting low range helps but the lack of torque is disappointing. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

23. Awesome drill and great value Review by Danthetoolman

I have used this on everything from driving multiple screws in wood to drilling multiple holes in wood and metal. It never seems to let me down. Runs all the way to the last bar with no lost of torque. It is as good if not better than my 12V Nicad with one third the weight.
    I grab this one most of the time because it is dependable. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

24. Small lightweight and plenty of power Review by Fidget

This is a major improvement over in ad powered tools (Posted on 9/26/2013)

25. Small but powerful Review by Darmo Tandjung

This is my favorite 12V cordless drill/driver. I had craftsman and dewalt before. The bosch is far better. I've compared the spec and this has the highest torque for 12V system. The battery hold the charge really well. I have small/medium hand and this fits in my grip really well. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

26. Excellent versatile compact drill Review by RicMic

I travel a lot and my 18 volt DeWalt weighs 12 pounds plus in is case with accessories. With the airline baggage fees, I had to cut some weight, I did my research and bought this drill. It weighs less than a third of what the Dewalt did and it has plenty of power, the batteries hold a charge forever, they charge quickly and they last a very long time. I have since picked up a couple 18V Bosch guns for when I don't have to fly, but this compact tool does nearly everything I need it to do! (Posted on 9/26/2013)

27. Wicked nice! Review by ChrisK

I bought this with the l-boxx1. The drill is awesome. I have been true to Milwaukee but am really reconsidering now that I have this and the PS130 Hammer. These are powerful compact tools and extremely light weight! I wish the rpm's could be a little bit more but the tools is tough, comfortable and well built. Thanks! (Posted on 9/26/2013)

28. Love it Review by Butch

Bought this drill driver yesterday and already love it. I have put my old drivers (Craftsman and B&D) in storage at the barn for yard sale later on. After purchasing the impact driver last month and saw the quality and durability of Bosch, I went yesterday and bought the drill driver to go with it. Bosch is the tool of choice now in my workshop. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

29. High Power in a Compact Drill Review by Josh Stewart

I was surprised at how effective this drill is! Weighing in at just over 2 pounds, and having a length of 7" makes this drill not only easy to use in tight spaces, but incredibly easy, and a pleasure to use overall. There are a sufficient number of clutch setting to tackle most any task. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

30. Great drill Great Brand Review by Timothy

Great size and feel love the batteries and bosch is a good company who will stand behind if any problems great warranty on it to. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

31. Small, yet pack a powerful punch Review by David Ly

This is an awesome drill. Used it regularly on projects on the house. Very compact, yet powerful enough to get any job done. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

32. Great drill for price Review by Volk0403

This drill is great, I dont do heavy duty jobs so for me it cant be beat. Great power, speed, and the battery life is excellent. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

33. Great value Review by Ayrdale

I have used this drill for various handyman type projects and could not be happier.  The battery life is terrific and having the batteries in the handle makes it much easier to use.  It is like a cordless screwdriver with the functions and power of a drill.  It is so easy and fast to change from drill bits to screwdriver bits that I no longer take my cordless screw driver with me. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

34. Heavy, daily, proffesional use. Review by meBNme

I am an HVAC technician/plumber and this drill/driver is my primary. I use it heavily every day for everything from driving 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 screws on cover panels to drilling up to 1.5 inch holes with step bits and even 3" deck screws for securing 2x4s and other items to wood/siding/rafters etc.

I recently used it to put up a wooden picket/privacy fence around my 1 acher yard because my old 18v dewalt burnt out. With its adjustable chuck, 2 torque/speed settings, and clutch, it is versatile enough to perform 95% of all my daily drill/driver needs. It's powerfull enough to sink the head of a 3.5 inch deck screw into a 4x4.  My first one lasted over 3 years at that rate of use, including having been droped off a 28ft ladder, and being thouroughly soaked in the rain multiple times. It finally died while wrenching down on a 6" x 3/8  lag screw with fender washer to secure two 2x6 boards to a 4x6 beam. Even then the reason for failure was that the motors torque ripped it free of the internals due to the wakened case as a result of the 25ft + drop from the ladder.

The fact that I can get such performance and durability out of a tool that is small enough to fit easily into a pouch in most any tool bag made, at nearly 1/4 the weight of my prev drill/driver means a LOT  to aching muscles at the end of a 12 to 16 hr hot summer day.

I'd highly recommend it for any proffesional who wants a small, light drill/driver and it is ceartainly suitable for any homeowner. Just be sure to hang on with both hands, because this is not grandmas weak little hobby pocket driver. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

35. Compact, light weight, good power Review by JHuberman

Very nice compact drill.  Had more power than I expected, and excellent battery life. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

36. Surprise Surprise In Use Review by sauceman

I have 2 of them for about a year & a half now & love them both. They are used in my business for the manufacturing of pasta sauces. They are the the drivers in stirring my thick heavy sauces (5 gallon pot, 6 to 8 pots at a time, 6 to 12 hours at a time cooking, stirring 4 to 8 minutes at a time non stop) with a 12" metal paint mixer blade attachment. Batteries charges quick, drain fast in pushing the sauces around, but, always there when needed in production. Most important to me is that they are 1/10 of the cost each compare to my food commercial mixer which does not do the job it was purchased for. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

37. Another great Bosch product! Review by GLowz

Excellent hand drill. Small in size with enough power to get most any job done. The perfect match for the driver. And Yes, 12V is plenty of power. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

38. It's so light! Review by PDXTrish

I am a woman and immediately fell in love with the Bosch Max Pocket Drive drill! It is very lightweight and its compact design doesn't require me to use both hands to insure accuracy. It is an excellent all around drill for woodworking projects and home maintenance jobs. It's lighter weight allows me to easily tote it around the house to complete jobs.  (Posted on 9/26/2013)

39. Better than the Yellow and Black 18 Volt Review by Spader

I bought this drill and I and picked up the Impact driver as well. I have a friend that uses the same drills to work on small engines and Lawn equipment. After watching him use the 12 volt tools and seeing the power and how they became an extension of his hands I was totally impressed and had to have some of my own.

I can now say, this is the best all around tool I have and I am a contractor with a lot of tools. I work part time in one of the big box stores that sale a full line of Bosch tools and accessories. I have to catch myself when ask what is your best drill for all around use. I always ask what are you going to use a tool for but I always narrow it down to 2 Manufactures, Bosch and yes the Yellow and Black tools. I then let them know that I have both and my preference is always the Bosch. It runs smoother, the batteries are more reliable and last longer, they hold a charge longer even if the tools are not being used daily. I have to leave it up to my customer but push the Bosch hard because I feel over all it is the better drills, saws etc. and the accessories, drill bits, saw blades, are the best as well.

Remember the people that use the tools to make there living know what is best and will not take a chance at any cost on a tool that is not going to perform, day after day. Last, I can also say in the rare case you have a problem, Bosch is quick to respond and will not leave you hanging. They repair or replace the tool quicker than it would take me to go to the competition's repair center and the cost to me, only the shipping to them. It is less than gas to take it to the other guys repair center.

Keep up the good work Bosch, I am sold on anything with your name on it! (Posted on 9/26/2013)

40. Charger failed on first charge! Review by Jack62

Unfortunately the battery charger blew up while charging the batteries for the first time.
    I returned the tool. (Posted on 9/26/2013)

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: Bosch PS31-2A - 3/8 In. 12 V Max Drill Driver

How do you rate this product? *

Rating
Quality
Price
Value

Bosch Standard Warranty

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation ("Seller") warrants to the original purchaser only, that all BOSCH portable and benchtop power tools will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase. SELLER'S SOLE OBLIGATION AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY under this Limited Warranty and, to the extent permitted by law, any warranty or condition implied by law, shall be the repair or replacement of parts, without charge, which are defective in material or workmanship and which have not been misused, carelessly handled, or misrepaired by persons other than Seller or Authorized Service Station. To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must return the complete portable or benchtop power tool product, transportation prepaid, to any BOSCH Factory Service Center or Authorized Service Station. For Authorized BOSCH Power Tool Service Stations, please refer to your phone directory.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO ACCESSORY ITEMS SUCH AS CIRCULAR SAW BLADES, DRILL BITS, ROUTER BITS, JIGSAW BLADES, SANDING BELTS, GRINDING WHEELS AND OTHER RELATED ITEMS.

ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF PURCHASE. SOME STATES IN THE U.S., SOME CANADIAN PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS) ARISING FROM THE SALE OR USE OF THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES IN THE U.S. AND SOME CANADIAN PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE IN THE U.S., PROVINCE TO PROVINCE IN CANADA AND FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO PORTABLE AND BENCHTOP ELECTRIC TOOLS SOLD WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF PUERTO RICO. FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE WITHIN OTHER COUNTRIES, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL BOSCH DEALER OR IMPORTER.

Questions:

There are no product questions yet.

Ask a question and Give an answer. Help your fellow customer.

Ask Your Question

* Required Fields

Frequently bought together

Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought select all